Nepali Ambassadors’ Regional Conference held at Muscat
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Government of Nepal organized today at Muscat a Regional Conference of Nepali Ambassadors and Heads of Mission stationed in West Asia and Africa Region. The conference was organized on the occasion of the official visit of the Rt. Hon’ble Prime Minister of Nepal to the Sultanate of Oman. The Embassy of Nepal in Muscat coordinated the event.
- The Ambassadors and Heads of Mission made presentations on their respective activities, opportunities & challenges. Following matters were highlighted by the Ambassadors and Heads of Mission: –
- Concluding Bilateral Agreement or MoUs with labour receiving countries;
- Appointing Honorary Consuls in various cities in the region;
- Taking effective measures to curb any malpractices in the field of labor recruitment and making migration safe,secured and dignified;
- Additional human resource and budgetary support to effectively carry out Mission’s responsibilities;
- Identifying employment opportunities for skilled manpower;
- Conducting economic diplomacy through effective co-ordination with all relevant agencies.
- The Rt. Hon’ble Prime Minister directed the participants of the conference to work for the safety, security and the wellbeing of the Nepali migrant workers in the region. The Rt. Hon’ble Prime Minister assured the Ambassadors that the Government would take necessary measures to enable the Missions to fulfill their responsibilities.
- Hon’ble Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Foreign Affairs Mr. Krishna Bahadur Mahara instructed the Ambassadors to work towards enhancing the country’s image in international arena and focus on conducting effective economic diplomacy. Hon’ble Minister for Labour and Employment Mr. Farmullah Mansoor highlighted the various measures taken by the Government of Nepal to better manage foreign employment related issues and address problems faced by Nepali migrant workers.
- Moderating the conference, Foreign Secretary Mr. Shanker Das Bairagi highlighted the objective of the meeting and encouraged the Ambassadors and Heads of Mission to remain proactive for further strengthening the bilateral relations.
The Ambassadors and Head of Mission appreciated Ministry of Foreign Affairs for organizing the Ambassador’s Regional Conference. They also thanked Ambassador Ms. Sarmila Parajuli Dhakal and the Embassy of Nepal in Muscat for coordinating and making the excellent arrangements for the conference.
Embassy of Nepal
26 September 2017