- The Rt. Hon. President Bidya Devi Bhandari had an official meeting with His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Al Nayhan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces at the Crown Prince Court today.
- Both sides, while expressing happiness over the excellent state of relations subsisting between the two countries in the last four decades, exchanged views on further strengthening them to the mutual interest of both the countries and peoples.
- His Highness the Crown Prince expressed hope that the visit of The Right Hon’ble President of Nepal would contribute to enhancing friendship and cooperation between the two countries and conveyed his country’s willingness to assist Nepal in its development efforts in whatever it can in priority areas including health and education.
- The two sides also underlined the importance of promoting cooperation between the two countries in areas such as trade, investment, tourism, renewable energy, agriculture and infrastructure development. The President of Nepal invited investment from the UAE in productive sectors and assured the UAE side of Nepal’s commitment to protect foreign investment.
- The two sides also underlined the importance of reactivating existing bilateral mechanism to take forward bilateral cooperation in agreed areas. It was discussed that the next meeting of the Joint Committee under the bilateral consultation mechanism would take place in Kathmandu in the near future.
- The Crown Prince appreciated the sincerity and hard-working nature of the Nepali migrant workers for which they have earned respect and admiration in the UAE. The President of Nepal underscored the contribution made by them in making the UAE a developed and prosperous nation.
- The Rt. Hon. President extended a cordial invitation to the Crown Prince to visit Nepal at the latter’s convenience.
- The Speaker of the Federal National Council of the UAE Dr. Amal Al Quibaisi paid a courtesy call on The Rt. Hon. President of Nepal today. They shared views, among others, on the importance of exchanging visits by the parliamentarians to enhance understanding and cooperation. They also shared experiences on women empowerment in their respective countries.
- Later in the evening, The Rt. Hon. President paid homage to the martyrs by laying a wreath at the Karama Oiasis Martyr Memorial, Abu Dhabi. On the occasion, the UAE Armed Forces presented a guard of honour. She also visited Masdar City, Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque and the Louvre Museum Abu Dhabi.
The Rt. Hon. President of Nepal, Bidya Devi Bhandari with His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed AL Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces and Dr. Amal Al Quibaisi, Speaker of the Federal national Council, UAE respectively. Photo: RSS, Nepal
Embassy of Nepal
14 November 2017